Please refer to this KB Article for general information on setting up your Reservation Form.
You can now setup Promotional Codes for your reservation forms. When a person enters the correct code, the appropriate discount will automatically be added to their reservation.
To add a Promo Code to your form, please follow these steps.
- Add the Promo Code field to your form.
- Setup the field to add one or more promo codes with their specific discounts.
- Setup the Guest Type field and check off which Guest Types the Promo Code applies to.
- Adjust the height of the iframe accordingly (on your website) to account for the additional field.
Below are details on the above steps:
1. Add the Promo Code field to your form.
In the Fields tab, scroll down to the bottom of the field list and check the PromoCode check box to add the field to your form.
We suggest that it be the last field in the Guests FieldSet but it can be anywhere on your form and it will function the same way.
Here is an example of how it would appear on your website.
2. Setup the field to add one or more promo codes with their specific discounts.
Click the Setup button to the right of the Promo Code field and enter the Promo Code details. You can create multiple Promo Codes if needed.
Each Promo Code has the following fields:
3. Setup the Guest Type field and check off which Guest Types the Promo Code applies to.
- PromoCode: This is the name of the Promo Code that the person making the reservation will need to enter.
- DiscAmount: A fixed dollar amount of the discount. When entering an amount, the DiscPercent will change to 0.
- DiscPercent: A percent of the discount. Percent should be entered in decimals. For example, to enter 50%, you should enter .50, to enter 25%, enter .25. When entering a percent, the DiscAmount will change to 0.
- PerPerson: Applicable only if using DiscAmount. It indicates if the discount is per person, or for the entire Guest Type. For example, if the DiscAmount is $10 and you are charging $40 per Adult, and the reservation is for 3 adults, checking the PerPerson check box means there will be a discount of $30 (3 x $10) with the reservation being $90 ($120 - $30). If the Per Person check box is not checked, it will calculate a discount of just $10 in total making the reservation $110. When using a DiscPercent, checking PerPerson makes no difference.
- Expires: Enter an expiration date of the code. On and after the date, entering the Promo Code when reserving will have no effect.
- Sort: Determines how the above list is sorted in the Form Setup Designer. This does not affect the resulting form on your website in any way.
Click the Setup button to the right of the Guest Type Field to bring up the Attendees setup.
For each Guest Type that you want the Promo Codes to be applicable to, check the PromoCode check box. In the above example, we did not want to apply the Promo Code to the Child, only to the Adults.
4. Adjust the height of the iframe accordingly (on your website) to account for the additional field.
This step may or may not be needed and depends on the existing height of your form and how many fields you already have, and whether you are using the Wizard or not.
Please take a look at your website and if needed, increase the height of the iframe accordingly. You can see the height when viewing the HTML embed code.