See this KB
for setting up your Categories.
There are different ways to assign categories to a family.
1. From within a Family
- When viewing a Family click the Categories tab to see a list of the categories currently assigned to this Family.
- The Categories list on the right side will also highlight those that are already assigned
- Check a category (or many) in the list to add more details to the category assignment such as start/end dates or a note.
- You can select multiple categories from this list and delete or edit them using the Delete and Edit buttons. Deleting in this context means you are un-assigning this family from the selected categories.
- You can also use the Category list on the right side to quickly check and/or uncheck a category to assign and un-assign.
2. From the Category List on the Main Menu
When viewing the list of Categories on the Main Menu, select any category and click the + button to add a Family to this category.
3. Bulk updates
You can choose from various criteria and assign (or unassign) contacts to (or from) a category.
For example, you can assign all families who have donated to your end-year campaign to the "Recent Donors" category. Or all families who live outside your state to a "Out of Town" category.
- In the Contact report window, select criteria as needed and click Next.
- Click UPDATE CATEGORY
- Choose the category to update and choose if you are updating to Yes or No (yes=assigned, no=unassigned).
- Click UPDATE.
Details on generating a contact report will be covered in a different KB Article.