UPDATE: CMS Program not starting after installing Windows/Office Updates
After working with Microsoft's tech support for close to a week, they have located a "Hot Fix" for this issue.
This Hot Fix is now the recommended approach to resolve this issue and supersedes the various workarounds that have been provided in the news items linked at the end of this notice.
If you have previously disabled the Windows/Office updates, we recommend that you enable them so that you continue to get automatic updates from Microsoft.
Instructions on applying this hot fix.
Make sure that CMS, as well as any other MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outllook) are closed
- Click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597986.
- Scroll down to the "Fix it for me" section and click the Microsoft Fix It button.
- Download and Run the MicrosoftFixit50930.msi file
If the Microsoft Hotfix does not fix the issue, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you are using Windows 8 and the hot-fix doesn't work, please use the work-around link below (#3 Option 1)
We hope that this finally puts this issue to rest and wish you a Kosher and Frielichen Pesach.
Chabad Management System
The workarounds supplied previously (linked below) should NOT be used, as they were only recommended as a temporary solution until a permanent fix would be found.
- Windows Update Tuesday 8/14/2012 causes issues in CMS
- CMS doesn't start: Object or Class does not support set of events
- CMS Program not starting after installing Windows/Office Updates on 3/13/2013.